Built Green® Logo
Conditions of use for Built Green® logos and marks
The Built Green® logo (the logo) is a symbol of quality and commitment to the principles and practices of the Built Green® programs.
To assure the integrity of the program and to protect the equity of those who participate in it, use of the logo is subject to the following conditions:
- The logo must only be used in the form supplied by MBA – as printed material, camera-ready artwork or electronic file
- Only members (builders, remodelers and program affiliates) in good standing may use the Built Green® logo
- A Builder or Remodeler may use the logo to promote individual projects – house sign, flyer or other advertising - only if they have completed a Built Green® Orientation and submitted a completed Project Enrollment Form and Checklist to MBA for that project
Advertising & Promotion Use Requirements:
- They have completed a Built Green® orientation; and
- They have signed an Affidavit that during the first year of their Built Green® membership, they will certify at least one project (new construction or a remodel) as Built Green®; and
- They attend at least one Built Green®-approved education class per year; and
- Builder members, starting in the second year of Built Green® membership (if not earlier), certify at least 50% of their projects as Built Green® per year. Remodeler members, starting in their second year of Built Green® membership (if not earlier), certify at least 30% of their projects as Built Green® per year.
A Program Affiliate may use the logo for advertising and promotion of either a specific project or of their business, only if they have completed a Built Green® Orientation.
The logo cannot be used in association with events, trainings, presentations, etc. without written permission from the Built Green® Steering Committee. Requests, fully explaining the use and purpose of the use, must be submitted to MBA 30 days prior to a Steering Committee meeting.
Use of the logo is limited to signage, printed promotional materials and media advertising. Other uses may be approved by the Steering Committee on a case-by-case basis. Requests, fully explaining the use and purpose of the use, must be submitted to MBA 30 days prior to a Steering Committee meeting.